Relaxation Music – The Amnis Initiative
Amnis’ classic series of interconnected Relaxation Music tracks has now been remixed in 5.1 surround sound, for the best possible sonic experience. A new bonus track has been added.
Tracklist: (links to 5.1 streaming)
1. Inner Spirit (Relaxation Music Pt. 1) 10:42
3. Equilibrity (Relaxation Music Pt. 3) 7:20
4. Arctic River (Relaxation Music Pt. 4) 12:28
6. New Love (Relaxation Music Pt. 6) 5:40
7. Absolution (Relaxation Music Bonus track) 7:39
Stereo streaming on Bandcamp
Download what you want of the two ZIP file contains the music in two file formats:
– 5.1 flac files (lossless) for each track in 24 bit per channel
– Stereo flac files (16 bit)
– A Cue plus DTS wav file, to burn a DTS CD. This wave file contains an embedded DTS stream. Make sure not to play this directly on your speakers. Make sure that your CD or DVD player contains or is digitally connected to a DTS decoder.
The six original parts were released individually, over a time-span of more than a year, periodically expanding the series. Each piece of music was conceived to slow down your mind, helping you concentrate on the music and therefore tuning out from the rest of the world. The soft and mystical sounds aim to calm the soul and rest your body.
The new 6 channel mix for use on 5.1 surround sound systems provides the best possible listening experience to enjoy the music, with a larger spatial field to separate the musical elements, enhanced interactivity (look around to focus on a specific part) and a more natural orientation. While the commercial music industry has largely abandoned the market for surround music, the Amnis Initiative feels that mixing in 5.1 is the only way to deliver a truly high level hifi product for a serious listening experience.
The six original tracks were Composed and Recorded between October 2011 and December 2012. Released between October 12, 2011 and January 18, 2013. Surround remix in 2016.
Bonus track Composed and Recorded October 2016.
All Tracks Composed by D.F. Lodewijks
Performed and Produced by The Amnis Initiative.
Art Direction / Design by Lime Mixed Media.
Thanks to Bart, Cherry and Yvonne
(p) 2016 AmnisMusic
(c) 2016 Lime Mixed Media